Memes for Nature


"Delight in the beauty that surrounds you. Relax and take in the abundance of life. ~ Barbara Jean Olson (Inspirational-Quotations)

(Memes: My World, Watery Wednesday, Our Weekend Memoir, Outdoor Wednesday, Window Views and Doors Too, Sky Watch Friday, Weekend Reflections etc.)

The most important attribute a photographer can have is enthusiasm.- Arnold Drapkin

Jun 19, 2010

Weekend Reflections #39 and Shadow Shot Sunday #109


Sarah Ban Breathnach:
Only when the clamor of the outside world is silenced will you be able to hear the deeper vibration. Listen carefully.

My entry for Weekend Reflections by James of Newtown Photo Area.


"Harriet's art themed musings; random off-track incidentals...and Shadow Shot Sunday. Every Sunday."~The Pride of Australia.
Samuel Smiles
Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.

A long day trip to the Northeast and held by the red traffic light (Stop) I took my camera in haste and spied that reflection above from the glass window of a bus. The traffic loosened in the intersection of this road somewhere in Liverpool, and didn't expect the shadow to appear in this photo. So it's good!

 May you take time to reflect and ponder upon your shadow.

Cheers!

16 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Marvelous shadow shot for the day, Bonnie, and I love your quotes for the day! They're both so very true! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

It's amazing where we find our shadow shots!

dianasfaria.com said...

I just saw you are in Australia, so I guess it is Autumn there, eh?

dianasfaria.com said...

This looks like a warm Spring day with wonderful reflections!

Cassie said...

Bonnie. Okay. Pondering my shadow. It's too fat!!

Very nice Shadow Shots and quotes. Where you driving the car while shadow shooting?? Oh my!!

Carletta said...

What wonderful quotes you choose to accompany your lovely photos. I was quite taken with the words!

Dani said...

great quotes and shots! I really love the blue shades there..
Have a nice weekend!

Joanne Olivieri said...

These are very well done. It's amazing how in the simplest of things we can find shadows.

Unknown said...

Nice capture. Looks like it was a nice
day too.

Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Nice Bonnie. I like the words too. Thanks for stopping by a leaving those kind words (that I must live up to -- LOL)

EG CameraGirl said...

I like both your reflections and shadows! Isn't it amazing what we notice when we play these memes? ")

Ebie said...

A nice day to be taking all these beautiful shots! Love the shadows and reflections!

Kim, USA said...

Those are gorgeous shots from the car. Love it! Happy Sunday!


SSS-The lamp

Unknown said...

I had to laugh thinking about our cars being "no phone zones" but maybe not so much "no camera zones"! I really like your quotes too! Thanks for sharing your shots!

Hey Harriet said...

Fun finds and cool captures while stopped at the lights! Very clever :)

A Wild Thing said...

I've never traveled abroad, it seems so adventurous, even on a bus!